Just Rannin' Around

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Utah Symphony at dusk

 

I spent last evening at the W.V. Cultural Center with a few people that live in my complex.  We walked over and enjoyed a free concert that they will be holding every Monday.   Last night it was Utah Symphony and they will be having a different group each week.  I am very excited!

 

However the best part was as I walked in, I saw someone running toward me.  I didn't recognize the person at first, but when it finally clicked who it was, I hurried a bit faster.   A huge hug was the greeting.  I haven't seen this person in over a year and it was so good to catch up and to be introduced to the 10-month old daughter that I hadn't yet met.   I played with the baby for an hour while we sat and talked before the concert began.  It hurt my heart to find out that she was again struggling.   Not with the issues that she once had, but with new trails. 

 

This is someone who seems to spend every waking minute fighting one trial or another.  I have cried tears with her on many occasions.   When the concert started while listening to the music float through the air, I began thinking about the things we are asked to endure.  It sometimes doesn't seem fair how trails are distributed.   Some people seem to get more than their fair share or harder trails through which others will ever be asked to wade.  Others seem to never have a bump in the road.  

 

What I kept coming back to was that even though we may not think that it is fair, we truly don't know what each person is called to struggle with and we don't know what each and every trial of every person really is.   Some trials are hidden by the person working through it.  I concluded that the only thing that we can do is to just love one another and not compare or judge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones