Just Rannin' Around

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I have allergies!

 

I never had allergies until a few years ago.  I don't know what made them appear suddenly, but this year they have kicked in with a vengeance.   For instance, I have blown my nose with such force that I am surprised that my toe nails didn't come up and out, but nothing comes out.  My head is so congested that it not only feels as if it weighs 100 pounds but that any given moment it might explode.   My all time favorite though…..when small amounts of air manages to make it through my nasal passages it feels as if I have inhaled water from a chlorinated pool.   Do you know that feeling?   Not pleasant. 

 

Was all of this to gross you out?  No, but with it comes a little story.

 

I was on my way to a Bees baseball game where I was meeting my brother, sister-in-law and my nephew.  I figured that it would just be easier (not to mention cost effective) to jump onto Trax.   Well I was at the station on 3300 South waiting for the next train to come when a gentleman came and stood next to me.  I smiled and said hi and then almost immediately sneezed.   He smiled and said, "Bless you.  Allergies?"  I answered in the positive and then stated, "blasted cotton".   You see all of the cotton trees in Utah like to shed the terrible white stuff into the air and in some areas it almost appears to be snowing due to the large amounts floating around.   This man reached up pulled his sunglasses down so I could see his eyes, rolled his scowling eyes while shaking his head and walked away from me.   I am still not quite sure what I said that caused such a reaction.  I have a guess, but that would be very prejudice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones