Just Rannin' Around

Sunday, May 14, 2006

I have been asked several times already if I had a good time in Boston. Let me recap and then each can decide independently.

I got through a bunch of work on Wednesday that I had to complete before taking off for an extended weekend. As the clock ticked down I finally got a second around 12:30 pm to check in on-line with the respective airline upon which I would be flying at 4:30 that same afternoon. I then cleaned up the additional loose ends and at 2:45 headed to the airport. I arrived at the airport around 3:20 and was surprised to find massive amounts of people that I wasn’t expecting and a wait at the security check point. After finally being herded through that entire process I headed to the closest set of monitors to find from which gate I would be leaving. To my dread, my flight that I had just three hours earlier checked in on was showing cancelled.

That wasn’t a huge deal until I checked the time of the next flight going into the connecting city I needed to be at only to discover that it left the airport in which I was standing the exact time that I would have needed to be boarding my connecting flight. Frantically I searched (there are no ticket agents once past security.....a little fact of which I wasn’t aware until that very moment) until I found one lady working to board another flight. I waited patiently until she was finished and then told her my dilemma. I couldn’t help but smile when she knew exactly who I was and said she had been trying to get a hold of me. She then promptly exchanged my ticket for another airline with a non-stop flight that left in 20 minutes. There was nothing but happiness over the excellent service that I received, not to mention that it got me into Boston an hour earlier to boot!

Then the fun began……or at least that is what I thought!

Jeje picked me up on the street corner and only slowed while she hollered for me to get in if I could. I somehow managed to slip into her car and the drive to her residence began. We were talking when we ended up at a street light. I would soon find out that this was no ordinary street light at a T-intersection. My belief on this matter was that the only two logical choices were right or left. The light had a totally different interpretation and when it came on Jeje looked over with a grin and told me to “go to hell”. I was a little shocked at her brashness until I looked at the arrow on the street light that was pointing straight down. I guess she has a certain connection with the city of Boston and rigged the entire thing so that she could finally tell me what she had been feeling for the two years that I have known her.

But oh, it didn’t end there. Since I had been to work all that day and then went straight to the airport only to run into that small problem, I had yet to eat that day. Since my stomach isn’t one to keep quiet about such matters she became aware that I was in need of some nourishment. We were sitting around talking and then around 3:00 am she sent me to bed without dinner right after explaining that she had to go to class that next morning and giving me directions on how to find her the next day for not breakfast, but lunch (did I mention that she sent me in the wrong direction so that I ended up walking twice the distance that I should have in my famished state….well it is true).

The next day after lunch, which I gratefully inhaled, she took me for a walk. This wasn’t any ordinary, just seeing what we find. She had a destination she wanted to show me. It was a cemetery. Not just any cemetery, but a garden cemetery that was absolutely breathtaking in beauty. She took me here so that she could show me that I would never be allowed to be buried in such a place because I was going to hell.

Then……okay, okay so this wasn’t exactly how it all happened and most won’t find it as humorous as the two of us did as one-liners kept coming out of our mouths and this story kept growing larger and larger of her saying and doing really mean things. We honestly had an excellent time and it was really good to see her. We ate amazing food, laughed and talked until way too late, saw an incredible Broadway show, talked to great people and had just an overall fantastic weekend.

Thanks for coming and letting me play!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones