Just Rannin' Around

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Reality according to Webster:

1) the quality or state of being real 2) a real event, entity, or state of affairs, the totality of real things and events 3) something that is neither derivative or dependent but exists necessarily.

Reality according to me:

Realization that I will probably not go to law school, but not because I am incapable, quite the opposite is true, rather my desire to pursue that dream is fading. Once I could completely imagine myself dressed to the nines, marching into a courtroom and arguing my way to victory. I think that over the years I have proved that one doesn’t have to pass the board to accomplish that feat. I am willing and amazingly equipped to hold my own with just about anyone. I think my love of learning and reading has been of great benefit in this cause.

What does one answer when asked what the next five years will hold? Does one answer with fading dreams and stars that disappeared a decade ago? Reality of things, great things actually is how I am learning to answer. So what was my answer to this question when asked a few weeks ago? I didn’t have one, but I have pondered the question and this is what I can see.....

In five years, my house will be paid off. That is if I just continue doing the things that I am currently doing. That is a huge blessing. It will also enable me to change and do something that I know I would thoroughly enjoy because financially I will be fairly established. Money is not everything, but I do have to be able to support myself and I am afraid that everything I want to do with my life makes zero to extremely little pennies, but instead is all about the non-monetary rewards.

I am more than half way through the courses now. I am currently in the middle of a basketball team trip, a Spanish class trip to Mexico, a honeymoon, a mission pick up for a family of eight to Ireland and a trip to Europe. There are more and more coming everyday. The only trouble seems to be that for everything I plan, I have a desire to go. That will be the reward, seeing the world for extremely little money.....good thing since there won’t be a lot of it to be found! That is exciting to me. I can only imagine the people and places now, but to experience the world is a gift.

True joy is found in living the gospel. Happiness is a state that is decided upon each and every day. What does the next five years hold in store? For me, true joy and happiness because every day I will do the things that my Heavenly Father wants me to do and because no matter what I will choose to be such. That is the only answer I have due to the fact that I control nothing but my will and my attitude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones