Just Rannin' Around

Monday, November 07, 2005

“’What good are thorns?’ ‘Thorns are no good for anything – they’re just the flowers’ way of being mean!’ ‘I don’t believe you! Flowers are weak. They’re naïve. They reassure themselves whatever way they can. They believe their thorns make them frightening…’”
-The Little Prince by Antoine De Saint-Exupery


Which is the best vantage point? Looking down, looking up, how about forward or backward? What happens when it is so extremely dark that nothing can be seen? Knowing that moving is essential to getting anywhere and yet so uncertain as to the direction. Not knowing if a search party is even en route. Seeing silhouettes, but all that seem to be moving further away. Screaming, yet not being heard.

My world is spinning and my first line of defense is to sharpen my thorns. I stand up and make it seemingly look like I have complete control of the situation and that I have absolutely no feelings. Put me in my business suit, hand me my happy, I can handle anything with a smile face and I am ready to go. Then I wonder why people never feel extremely close to or understand me. I guess it might be entertaining for most to find out that I am a sensitive mass of mush.

Decisions are hanging everywhere that I have to make. Moments in life that I would prefer not to come are gathering speed and sprinting toward me. Recent changes are still needing bandages and old times are desperately missed. Trust issues have crawled into spaces that I didn’t even know existed. I feel like the floor is missing from underneath my feet. Everything that has been my comfort and support seems to be far, far away in another world. Doubting that it was ever really there anyway and thinking that it was just my overactive imagination making me feel better.

The devil is working overtime in my life. I can feel it. It is so real. Now the biggest decision is who wins? It is an answer that I know. Heavenly Father wins! I stand on His side and I hold on tight to the knowledge and testimony that I have been gaining my entire life through moments such as this. Satan wins a battle every now and then with my self esteem or thought process, but in no way does he win the war. I don’t feel like I have any strength left to fight any more. How blessed I am that I know that there is a whole host of heaven that is surrounding and fighting for me right now!

I can’t see what is in front of me. However, I was reassured today that every time I have been through such moments in life, there are unimaginable blessing awaiting my arrival. Learning is a process which I enjoy. I guess that I am being taught that the thorns are not needed. I am being protected by the glass case being placed over me after I have been watered by the loving Care taker.

“Here is my secret. It’s quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.”
- The Little Prince by Antoine De Saint-Exupery

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones