Just Rannin' Around

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Ever increasing.

I went to lunch with a client today. She is a bit younger than I am and after some formal business talk, we started chatting about our personal lives. The never ending question of whether or not I am currently dating someone presented itself. When I answered in the negative, she immediately threw the “it’s because you are so intimidating” card down onto the table.

The look on my face must have told a story (I have learned to hate that word in association with me) because she began to explain all the reasons why that it was a true statement. She even threw in the “I am even a little intimidated by you”. She told me that besides all the other great things she had just complimented me on, being a beautiful, successful business woman that seems to have her life going in all the right directions was not the best way to attract men. The comment that ended this portion of the chatting was me throwing down, “well if I am intimidating now, it is only bound to get worse with upcoming events in my life.”

I don’t mean to be intimidating. I don’t think that I am intimidating. I won’t stop progressing in life just to get a date on Friday night or a ring on my finger because then I am being dishonest with myself and the man. All I can do is hope and pray that there is someone out there that has enough courage to rather than be intimidated, be impressed and attracted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones