Just Rannin' Around

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Knowledge is power….power to realize that there is still so much more to learn.

Last night I spent the evening with a two-month old. I agreed to tend a friend’s baby while he and his wife spent their first moments alone away since the baby was born. It covered all the typical bases entailed with watching a two-month old. I fed him his bottle, burped him, changed his diaper and put him in his pajamas. We then went out to enjoy the night air a bit and went for a walk. Okay, I did all the walking since he hasn’t yet learned. When we got back to the house, we played a rousing game of patty-cake which produce a lot of little giggles first from him and then from me because it was so cute. Finally I wrapped him up in a blanket, held him close and sang softly while we gently rocked in the chair. Luckily he went to sleep before I did. I held him for an hour before I finally got up and put him in his crib. There is just something so peaceful about holding a sleeping child.

Growing up we look to others to teach us and help us understand the world in which we live. Every individual, due to their own experiences in life, has something worthwhile to teach. I never want to lose the desire to gain knowledge, but I know that I must listen with ears that are in tune with the Spirit. It is a daunting, yet exciting opportunity each of us has to make a difference by not only learning but also by teaching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones