Just Rannin' Around

Thursday, July 19, 2007

“Well I don’t think so! I seriously do not think God goes around damning people to hell. (Throwing her arms up to direct attention to the world) He is too busy running all this!”
Leslie Burke, Bridge to Terabithia


I really wish that someone would have warned me to watch this movie with a box of Kleenex within reach. Although I purchased the book when I heard that they were making a movie, I still have yet to get it to the top of my reading pile so I was taken back by some of the happenings and tears ran freely down my face.

I have watched the movie now quite a few times. With each viewing, I find more and more things I truly appreciate about the film. The graphics are fabulous. The morals of the story are in much need of repeating. The characters are easy to connect with in more than one way. I am beginning to sense though that my true love of this movie is growing because I am enraptured with the power of imagination.

Growing up in a large family in close quarters, we were usually told to go outside and play. Without imagination, life would have been incredibly dull and the days long. I remember building forts out in the field and fighting wars with invisible armies. I remember sleeping out on the lawn and making up stories that made us scream and then laugh until our sides hurt. I remember driving the car to Grandma Murtel’s (our pretend grandma) in our make believe car. I remember being the star of a movie. I remember baking cakes (better known as mud pies) for people that were in need. I remember being anything that I wanted to be at any given moment of any day.

Sometimes I will still catch myself slipping into my world, the world that I have created and I find myself very content to stay for a while before entering the world that most of the time I have no control over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones