Just Rannin' Around

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Brownies and ice cream please

There are times when there is a very fine line that must be walked.  There are times when I want to forget that I know that and say everything that I feel.  My heart screams at me to just say it regardless of whether or not it is appropriate, but my mind jumps in and stops me from saying anything at all.  It’s a fine line to tell the truth and not lie so that boundaries aren’t crossed.

Sometimes I so wish that I didn’t know better or that I just didn’t care.  My poor journal has seen that line crossed far too often.  I don’t hold back at all in there.  My older sister is actually on direct orders to burn every journal I own when I die.  There is definitely not a need for anyone to be subject to my inner workings. 

I know there is another reason that stops me cold in my tracks . . . FEAR.  Rejection is a harsh pill to swallow.  One would think that I am so accustomed to it that it would start to be manageable, but I am here to say that it actually gets more difficult.  I’ve come to expect it, however that doesn’t mean I will freely offer it up.  It must be asked for and sought after.

1 Comments:

  • Brownies and ice cream are best with homemade chocolate sauce
    1 cup evaporated milk
    1 cup milk chocolate chips
    1 cube of butter
    2 cups powdered sugar
    Mix above ingredients in saucepan stirring constantly. Boil at low to medium heat for 7 minutes (still stirring constantly, and worth the arm workout) Remove from heat, add 1 tsp. of vanilla, stir and serve

    By Blogger Gatlin Gang, At 10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones