Just Rannin' Around

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

“The busy have no time for tears”

I feel bad that my blog has been completely neglected this year.  Time seems to be traveling faster than I am capable of moving.  Or maybe it is that I simply have too many items needing attention.  Needless to say this blog is not the only thing that has been thrown on the wayside and seemingly been forgotten.

There have definitely been some adventures happening.  My house is almost an empty shell.  Amazing how naked and impersonal it became when I took down all my pictures.  I have projects every night that I have to accomplish in lines with being ready to be fully moved out on the 5th of May.  This might sound easy but since I have been working 12-15 hour days at work, it doesn’t leave much time for anything else.

My goals that I set for myself have been left sitting in the dust pile of January.  I haven’t had any time to focus on preparing myself for the triathlon that I am registered for in June.  That should make for an interesting event if I don’t get down to business soon.  However I was able (without any training over the last 4 months) to complete the Bike Race in conjunction with the Salt Lake City Marathon.  I shocked myself a bit when I not only completed it, but finished the 26.2 miles in an hour and 25 minutes.  I suppose I am not physically as bad off as I think I am.  Or it could have possibly been that day . . . it is always tough and I had a lot to think about while peddling. 

Basically the only reading that I have done has been in the Old Testament.  I am a mere 200 pages away from finishing that before beginning the Book of Mormon.  It is almost the only reading that I have done and I typically just barely hold my eyes open long enough to get in those ten pages every night before falling into a coma.  Oh how I miss lounging on my couch with a blanket and a good book!

Since I had the audacity to move, things have been piling on my plate in respect to speaking and teaching assignments.  Sunday was, um, interesting.  I wish there would have been a sign above the door that said “Crazyville. Enter at your own risk!”  Regardless of the fact that I was supposed to speak in Sacrament meeting I would have turned around, gone home and crawled back into bed.  I will not go into details of what occurred but I have NEVER before and hope NEVER to experience it again.  Let’s just say that at this point there is a bit of trepidation as I prepare to teach the 5th Sunday lesson for joint Priesthood and Relief Society. 

Hopefully things will come back to some semblance of normal in a week and a half after the move is done.  Although at this point in the game . . . I don’t believe that my life was ever meant to know normal.  What is normal?!

2 Comments:

  • Wow! Good luck with your move this week. I hope all goes well.

    By Blogger Aubrey, At 7:47 PM  

  • Hi, very nice songs on your blog. Hope everything goes well with you. Good Luck!!

    By Blogger Happilife, At 1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones