Just Rannin' Around

Saturday, February 04, 2012

I think that you deserve more than what you settle for

Experience is what makes each life individual.  It brings with it sometimes joy, sometimes sorrow and pain and almost always lessons.  Experiences, even shared ones, are unique to every person because we all see and feel things on an individual level.  This exists on so many levels.

One of the things that I enjoy spending my time experiencing is the arts.  I have had and taken the opportunity to soak it in through several different forms.  There have been trips to Broadway not only in New York, but Boston, Denver, all over California and of course season tickets locally.  I’ve flown across the world to see the wonder of the David and world renowned art museums.  I have been to the symphony and to the ballet.  However I knew that there was one form that I had yet to experience.

A couple of weeks ago I finally went to my first opera.  I’m not talking about just any opera, but a real opera . . . in Italian.  The ambiance was incredibly romantic.  I understand why people fall in love with the opera.  For reasons I won’t get into, I thought that the opera would fall into line with how I felt about ballet.  I just can’t find a love for that particular form of the arts.  It just doesn’t interest me . . . at all.  The opera exceeded my expectations and I must admit that some of that is probably due to my soft spot that I have for foreign languages.  I just think it is beautiful to hear other languages spoken, or in this case sung. 

Broadway, especially musicals, still tops my list as my favorite.  However there is mood that goes along with the opera that has its own special draw. 

It makes me smile that there is always something that is favored; something that I am much more endured to than another.  In the arts it is Broadway.  In athletics, hands down it is football.  Not that I don’t enjoy others and not that they don’t have the possibility to bring me some happiness, but I also know what brings me the most joy. 

1 Comments:

  • What opera did you see? I learned to love the opera early on in life, but some are certainly better than others!

    By Blogger Kate, At 6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones