Just Rannin' Around

Monday, November 07, 2011

“Be thankful for all the small successes . . . . these successes may seem tiny to you and they may go unnoticed by others, but God notices them and they are not small to Him.  If you consider success to be only the most perfect rose or dazzling orchid, you may miss some of life’s sweetest experiences.”  -President Dieter F. Uchtdorf



There is a bit of sadness that comes with this post.  I have finished typing all 34 pages of my notes from the trip.  I have written in my journal that which needed to be recorded there.  This post is the last thing that I need to write to completely record my memorable trip.  That means that it is time to take my right foot out of Israel and be back home not only physically, but mentally also.



I have a testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I have a testimony of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  I have a testimony of a loving Father in Heaven that is mindful of me individually.  I have had a testimony for as long as I can even remember, it is a testimony that has grown and expanded as I have studied and prayed and gone through trials, tribulations and experiences.  It has been stronger at some points in my life than others, but it is something that has always burned within my heart.  I didn’t go on this trip to gain a testimony.  What I gained was a new dimension to a testimony that I hold as one of my most precious possessions.    

My eyes were open in a different way to the scriptures.  Being able to literally see the places, to walk where the Savior walked, and to grasp actual distances awakened my mind.  Ever read a story and loved that story and lived that story in your mind?  Now imagine being able to actually walk into that story and in small part live that story that you love.  The realness of it hit me straight in the heart and never let go.  It is an opportunity that I truly hope everyone is blessed with in this life.  The Spirit accompanied me throughout this trip.



I testify Christ did walk the streets of Jerusalem and that he did perform the many miracles that were recorded in the New Testament.  I know that he lived his life perfectly and humbly choose to suffer the painful experience of the Atonement for me.  He left me with an example to follow.  He left me with a way to get back although I fail again and again.  He broke the bands of death.  He lives!  He lives to be our advocate, our mediator and we will live because of his grace and mercy.  He is my brother, my friend, my Savior.



How very grateful I am to have been able to have this experience.

2 Comments:

  • That's wonderful Brenda! One day I hope to be able to experience some of what you did.

    By Blogger Aubrey, At 2:47 PM  

  • I can't wait to meet up and hear more detail! I'm so glad you were able to have this experience.

    By Blogger Tania, At 4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones