Just Rannin' Around

Thursday, November 17, 2011

“A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.”

I couldn’t help but write this blog.  It might be one that some won’t appreciate, however it must be addressed.  Why must it be addressed?  Because I have been thinking about it and really it is my blog and I can address whatever I want (yes I just reverted back to being 6-years old).

This should probably begin with the disclosure that I have been really blessed in this aspect for most of my life.  I didn’t even really start getting slightly concerned about it until three or four years ago.  Considering that I am in my mid-30s, it is a much longer stretch of stress-free time than most. 

Here is my issue . . .

I have gained close to 20 pounds within the last three or four years.  It has come on slowly within that time and I have to admit that it drives me a bit crazy.  However what really gets under my skin is the difference between looks of weight on males verses females.  Let me explain.

Standing barefoot, I am 5 feet 10 inches.  With that 20 pounds of newly found weight I am at 160 pounds.  Now according to my doctor, that is exactly where my healthy weight should be (leave it to me to be right on the exact number of average).  That being said, looking at myself naked I think that I really do need to lose that extra 20 to look and feel better.  That is just the way that I see it.  Then I started noticing a difference that really doesn’t sit well with me . . .

Because I have been swimming, biking and running a lot within the last six months I hear a lot of people discussing their height and weight.  What I have taken notice to is that women at the same height but weigh slightly less or equal to a man still always look like they weigh more than the man.  For instance, I have a guy friend that is exactly the same height as I am and he weighs 190 pounds, but if asked I guarantee that people would think that I weigh more.  In all honesty I don’t see where they are hiding it and logically thinking woman should look more slender as there is a bunch of weight that she is carrying in her chest that doesn’t exist on men (well at least most men). 

So we have two masses of fat that are accounted for that should make us look more slender through the body compared to a man at the same weight.  So where in the world are they hiding it so that they look more slender than we do?  Like my friend, 30 extra pounds than I yet he looks more slender.  This is one of those unfair balances in this game called life that I really can’t wait until I can have an answer in the hereafter.  The other being why is it that men tend to lose weight more easily and much faster than women.

Do you know the answer?     

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones