Just Rannin' Around

Tuesday, January 08, 2013


Single Female does not automatically equate cats

 Over the last month, I have been asked at least a dozen times if I have a cat.  When the answer comes back that I absolutely do not, the follow up question is always why when it would be such great company for my situation.  Most are appalled at my response and I have probably managed to offend a soul or two, but seriously who thinks it is kosher to insinuate that one is an old maid and therefore must have a cat, if not cats?!

With the exception of my darling nieces and nephews that are now getting to the age that they comprehend that I’m not married and don’t understand why, the marriage questions largely went away as I climbed into my mid-30s.  However it is slowly being replaced with the question of not just animals, but specifically with cats.  Let me clue everyone in . . . in my world the only good kind of cat is a dead one.*

I have a super fabulous friend that had some great responses to the question of why she wasn’t married while in her late 20s.  My favorite one was she used to tell people that she wanted just one more summer in her hot pink tube top.  It used to make me smile and still does just thinking about how it sent the asker away flustered because they were certainly not expecting that answer.  I wish I could come up with something as clever when asked about cats.

*For those cat lovers of the world out there, don’t get your panties in a wad that I feel that way.  Hey it just means that there are more of them for you to take home and for you to love.  To each their own and my own does not like cats.

4 Comments:

  • Hmm, wish I could come up with something clever for you. I join with you in your disdain for the felines!

    By Blogger C.J., At 8:28 PM  

  • I am glad that there are people who love cats. I'm allergic, thus have the perfect excuse for not owning one. Also, I have no desire to own any sort of pet-- ever. People seem to think I'm terrible for wanting to deprive my children of the experience of pet ownership. They are allowed to think that. I think that if I were you, my response to the people who ask about cats might be something like "I actually was introduced to cat meat in my travels through Peru... and they are no longer safe around me." But... You know, it would depend on how well I think that person can take a joke. ;)

    By Blogger Kate, At 9:58 AM  

  • Also... I just nominated you for a Liebster award. :) Read my blog to get the details!

    By Blogger Kate, At 10:15 AM  

  • My own doesn't like cats either.

    By Blogger Russ and Em, At 4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones