Just Rannin' Around

Friday, April 22, 2005

Life is curious.

One day I am supposed to marry someone who I loved, things happened (he freaks out and runs) and then a few years later I run into him. We talk and then go on with the rest of our separate evenings.

As I pondered the event later that night, I realized that as much as I was devastated when it happened, at some point I picked up my life and moved forward. It isn’t an option to let myself curl up in a corner full of self pity and waste my life away. I have too much that I can do. It isn’t that I don’t want an eternal relationship, because I want it more than anything else. My heart aches to have that in my life. However, until it presents itself by way of someone that totally adores me and loves me regardless of my shortcomings, I am going to live life to the fullest. I won’t slow down because it may or may not intimidate someone that I have traveled, have a ton of incredible friends, am successful at work, graduated from college, own a home, and soon to add to the list….have gone skydiving! I need a man! I want a man! I am just not willing to not be me to get a man!

2 Comments:

  • Very nicely done. I was in a serious relationship over a year ago and I was the one who freaked out and ran. But looking back, I think it was the right thing to do, although it was done clumbsily.

    Thanks for the reminder.

    By Blogger David Cho, At 7:50 PM  

  • Here is a joke that is going around among some married people that I know.

    Once upon a time a guy asked a girl "will you marry me?" She said "No." And the guy lived happily ever after.

    Goes without saying that it is much better to live alone than being married to the wrong person (or being the wrong person). Of course a lot better is being married happily, but seems that so few have achieved it.

    By Blogger David Cho, At 11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones