Just Rannin' Around

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Dinner full of kisses!

I have come to the firm conclusion that there is nothing better than nieces and nephews when you need to feel loved. I went to dinner last night with my older brother and his family, one of my younger brothers and his family and my baby sister. I just happened to pull up when my younger brother was also just walking down the sidewalk to the restaurant. I called out a hello and my cute little 18-month old nephew squirmed his way out of my brother’s arms and ran as fast as his little legs would carry him (which is a funny sight if you have ever seen a small child try to run), into my open arms.

We walked into the restaurant and I was met by two small joyful screams of, “Aunt JRA”, and immediately my legs were being hugged because I couldn’t get down fast enough. My older brother told me that all day long they talked about nothing but seeing me. We were seated and my nieces insisted on sitting on one each side of me. So we colored and talked about pre-school and kindergarten and occasionally got up to take my nephew for a walk. When my baby sister finally arrived she was attacked. Dinner came, we ate and left. Before they got in their cars, I received hugs and kisses and a sweet “I love you” from each.

I got in my car and as we all drove out I saw little hands waiving goodbye. My heart was full! I have the best family in the universe and how grateful I am that they are eternally mine. For when everything in your life seems to be falling apart around you, family is found gathering and picking it back up. Those two nephews and five nieces, three sisters and three brothers, two brothers-in-law and three sisters-in-law and of course my wonderful parents fill my life with unconditional love and support.

I love all 20 of you!!


Post Script: Just an update that Blind Date guy really did call me again.

1 Comments:

  • Ah yes, nieces and nephews are wonderful. I just have two nephews, and it seems like yesterday when the oldest one was brought back from the hospital. Now he is applying for college. I enjoy him as a (almost) grownup now, but I still wish I had spent more time with him when he was younger. They grow up fast. Very fast.

    By Blogger David Cho, At 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones