Just Rannin' Around

Monday, March 21, 2005

Thirty, Flirty and Thriving!!

It doesn’t feel any different. Aren’t your bones supposed to ache and life supposed to slow down? Well if that is the case I have decided that I am 6 with 24 years of experience because I still feel young and out of control for the most part. Grief, I would still rather have ice cream and double stuffed oreos for breakfast than oatmeal any day. I may or may not have even had that for breakfast this morning in celebration.

I spent the weekend playing. Friday night we were off and running. A group of my favorite friends and I all went to the Grizzle hockey game where they decided to announce my birthday over the jumbo-tron. Then on Saturday I was over at the home of some guy friends that always keep me entertained. Marriage proposals are abundant over there and there are always plenty of hugs and fighting over who loves me the most. What more could a girl ask for?!?! After came the surprise party. It was a blast! I love spending time with these wonderful people who have allowed me to call them friends.

Sunday was busy, but full of friends and thankfully the program that I oversaw ended up going fairly well, I think. My good day was topped with sparkles when a certain someone wished me an early happy birthday. I went home and ate some dinner, took a nap and read a book which I received as a gift. Then it was off to sing and finally home to bed.

This morning I woke up realizing that life has been good to me, not without its trauma, but good nonetheless. I have accomplished many goals and have been blessed far beyond what I deserve. My office was full of black balloons and decorations, my phone has been busy with family and friends and my heart has been full of gratitude. Even though my brother called to inform me that I was half way dead today, I couldn’t be more alive. I have a degree from college. I have pictures and memories from lots of travels. I have a great job, with wonderful co-workers. I have a large family that unconditionally loves me. I have innumerable friends that keep me smiling. I have a burning testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I have a loving Father in Heaven that guides me through every moment that life brings.

The first thirty years have held growth, pain, progression, sadness, joy, set backs, deaths, births, knowledge and lessons about who I am. Bring on next the thirty! I am buckled in and ready for it! First aid kit to the left, my mom will tell you that I need it.

2 Comments:

  • Duh! Us delicate lillies always age outrageously well! ...even if you do need the first aid kit handy at all times. Happy Birthday!

    By Blogger Sarah, At 1:04 PM  

  • Happy birthday, JRA.

    As I said, you share the same birthday as my mother. Much like you, she had a very strong and independent personality. And just as you will be, she was a fabulous mother. Have a happy one!!!

    By Blogger David Cho, At 3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones