Just Rannin' Around

Monday, March 07, 2005

Don’t worry ‘bout it!

I have decided that I am good enough. I am smart enough. And doggonit, people like me! I have no control over how or what people think of me. I am well aware of the fact that there are people in this world who absolutely hate me. How do I know? Well, there have been some who are very vocal about it. Of course they don’t have enough tact to bring it to my attention, instead this information is typically shared with my friends. Oh well.....I’m over it.

I have always been told that I can please some of the people some of the time, but I can never please all of the people all of the time. I need to stop trying so hard. People are going to categorize me as either a trusted friend, an acquaintance, or someone to avoid. I have no control over where I fit into their lives. So I guess it is just a matter of accepting where people put me and move on with it already. Conflict only occurs when someone places me in a category in which I don’t want to be because I have placed them in a higher category in my life. The advise of my loving mother comes distinctly to mind, “Suck it up and deal with it!”.

7 Comments:

  • Who are these crazy people? Can I fight them? I think that you are amazing! I don't understand how people hate you! JRA is rad!

    By Blogger Domestic Goddess, At 3:46 PM  

  • JRA, you are an incredible woman. I can honestly say that I'd be less incredible than I am if I didn't know you. I think that's true for all of us. Your shine rubs off on us all! You know we might fight you sometimes, but we love you the most!

    By Blogger Kate, At 8:18 PM  

  • From my own observations over the years, people of good morals and character tend to be highly polarizing. Either people love them to death or hate their guts. The greatest example? Look no further than Jesus!

    By Blogger David Cho, At 9:53 PM  

  • JRA, for what it's worth, although I have never met you in person, just reading your blog has made me a better person. Please keep the blog coming and as you say don't let those people get to you.

    By Blogger David Cho, At 11:57 PM  

  • JRA, you ARE good enough, smart enough,and DOGGONIT, I love you to death! For real!

    By Blogger Sarah, At 12:20 AM  

  • JRA, I'm doin' a triple-take over here. Lemme see if I got that: there are people (i.e. more than one person) who hate (i.e. opposite of adore) you? WHAT THE FREAK?! Who are these idiots? Lemme at 'em!! I'll tweak their noses for ya...

    By Blogger MDJ, At 6:07 PM  

  • i dont care what any FLIPPIN IDIOT! says about you. you JRA are SO GOT RIGHT NOW! all who agree say yay...YAY!

    SEE its unanimous

    ps. any nays will be subject to the time machine and a rexkwando roundhouse to the face...fogetabadit

    By Blogger will, At 5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones