Just Rannin' Around

Friday, February 25, 2005

Wait for it, wait for it!

In two weeks I am going to Moab. Then my birthday hits sometime right after we get back. In April one of my dear friends is getting married and I was invited to attend his sealing. In June I am going to Boston. Sometime this summer I am going to go skydiving for the first time. In September I am going on a cruise.

This concept of time seems so foreign to me when I think about it. I always seem to be thinking ahead and what is going to occur next. For some reason my brain always jumps to the “what next” question. Don’t get me wrong I always enjoy the activity while it occurs. While I am in Italy, I am in Italy. When I am bowling, I am bowling (well at least attempting). It is on the plane/car ride home that my mind automatically thrusts forward to what will be waiting and what I will do next.

Stop the madness!! How does one just live in the present without being concerned about what will happen tomorrow?

4 Comments:

  • Have you read this poem? I got me laughing.

    Dying

    First I was dying to finish high school and start college.

    And then I was dying to finish college and start working.

    And then I was dying to marry and have children.

    And then I was dying for my children to grow old enough for school so I could go back to work.

    And then I was dying to retire.

    And now, I am dying ...

    and suddenly I realized I forgot to live.

    By Blogger David Cho, At 12:24 AM  

  • Heh.....that was fitting. :)

    By Blogger Mi Mi, At 12:22 AM  

  • Nice poem, depressing, but true. It's so easy to worry about tomorrow and forget to enjoy the day and all that we have. So easy to thing about things we don't have. But life is good and today is The Day to live it. Nice blog!

    By Blogger Unknown, At 12:37 AM  

  • JRA, you said something insightful in the previous posting related to this posting's topic. Perhaps you intended it.

    You talked about how you like to take your time and "smell the roses" while taking a hike while others rush to the top missing out on so much that the beauty of the trail has to offer. Of course the same can be said about life in general.

    By Blogger David Cho, At 8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones