Just Rannin' Around

Friday, February 18, 2005

“I believe friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.”

Just call me Grace! Not because that is my name, but because I find it difficult to walk at times. To date, I have yet to slip and fall on ice this winter and have to trash another pair of jeans because I have managed to put holes in the knees. I lost two pair last year. Ice, the littlest step up or down, a crack in the sidewalk, a pebble, or a twig….my feet will find it. The grandest part about the whole thing is that it always gives those who witness the event a side-splitting laugh. When I was younger, it wasn’t so funny to me. Now however, I find it just as hilarious as those around me.

Sometimes I find that life had discovered this weakness in my step and purposely creates obstacles which are scattered all over the road on which I am traveling. I focus so much on all the little pebbles and twigs and cracks that I forget to look up every once in a while to not only continue in the correct direction, but to realize that there are larger items which congest the walkway. These are far more painful, in every sense, in which to collide for not only do they causes bumps and bruises, but can completely halt progression forward for a moment. How do I get back up? After I am up, how do I get around, over, through this huge obstacle? How do I change so that I don’t run into any more of them?

Investigating the walkway in front of me, realization of friends and family scattered about cause comfort and peace to enter into my heart. How do I get back up when I broke my wings upon collision….by using the hand of those that are surrounding me and are lovingly offering! How do I get around, over, through this huge obstacle…one step at a time and through finding those I love and trust calling out and encouraging me the entire way! How do I change so that I don’t run into any more of them…..look up to the One who forgives and makes our wings, not only heal, but makes them better than they were before the collision!

1 Comments:

  • Thanks for the entry. I don't know if one can "change" so that one does not run into any of them. They come to you, I think, and you grow through them. But of course, there are pebbles and twigs that we bring upon ourselves. I like what you say about the importance of "looking up" to see the big picture.

    Very good posting.

    By Blogger David Cho, At 3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones