Just Rannin' Around

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Lions and tigers and bears…oh my!

There is a sensation that eyes are intently assessing my every movement. One false step and a ravenous monster will be there to pounce. So far I have outwitted the monsters in my closet and the bigger ones that hide out under my bed. Currently the deal I have with both sets of these monsters are they only speak when spoken to and let’s just say I haven’t heard from them in years.

It was easy to deal with the big monsters hanging out in my closet and under my bed. They were so obvious. They didn’t even try to be sneaky or subtle. I have come to the conclusions that it is the miniature monsters that can hide out in the tiniest of corners that I become accustom and comfortable with having around that are the most difficult to keep from causing me the most trouble.

My monsters are unique only to me. Somebody may have one that looks something like mine, but believe me when I say that spending the years I have with them, they are one of a kind. Slowly I have been catching them. Maybe because after years of letting them sneak around as they please, I have begun to pay attention to their movements. Catching them isn’t enough, they must sign the same contract that the bigger monsters have and then I dismiss them to a place where the light is always keeping me aware of them.

I have pulled out the GPS tracking system and they are toast.

5 Comments:

  • Your GPS tracks MONSTERS?!?! Lucky!!

    By Blogger MDJ, At 7:42 PM  

  • What about gremlins? Can it track those?

    By Blogger Kate, At 11:52 AM  

  • Heck yes it does!!

    By Blogger B, At 4:34 PM  

  • Am I the only person who is not quite "getting" the last two postings? They are very well written with good humor and flair, but I still don't get them. Okay, help me out here :). Are these monsters the same as the figurative personal demons that we all wrestle with in our own world? Or is your house haunted?

    By Blogger David Cho, At 3:23 PM  

  • To understand the posting on Jan. 26th you need to refer to the posting on Jan. 19th. Maybe that will clarify the meaning a bit.

    And you are correct in the fact that the "monsters" are actually referring figuratively to my personal flaws and mistakes on which I need to work. :)

    By Blogger B, At 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones