Just Rannin' Around

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

“A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.”

I am not an incredibly open person when it concerns my life. I skim the surface of things about me if I am asked, but I won’t divulge too much information. Maybe it is because I think that comparative to others I lead a fairly boring life. Maybe it is because I don’t want to be hurt and the more information someone has about me, the more power they have to crush me. Maybe it is because I would much rather listen than talk. Maybe it is because I think that if people were let in to see the whole me, they wouldn’t like what they found.

Looking at it, I realize that each reason is an insecurity within myself that I just have to suck it up, and get over it. I love to listen to people. I love to cry with people when they hurt. I love to rejoice with them when exciting things occur. I love to just sit in silence with them and understand that sometimes it is just about having someone you care about at your side, no words necessary. I love to be included in other people’s worlds. I feel a closeness to them when I am welcomed into that world……maybe it is time to open my world so that people can feel that same closeness to me. Scary!!!


“We come to love, not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to love an imperfect person perfectly!”

I am learning that I need to allow people to know me and all my imperfections that come with me. I have to give them the opportunity to love me regardless of my mistakes, stupid choices, lame jokes, being lazy, negative attitude, disappointed, failing, losing…….basically not being “perfect”. I love and accept everyone else and their imperfections, should I not allow others to do the same for me?

I was once told that if someone can’t accept something about me, then they aren’t worth it anyway. My theory has always been, “you can love the person while not agreeing with the choice.” If I voice that I don’t necessarily like something that has been decided, that doesn’t mean that my love has decreased at all. Lately I have found that my heart has been aching for those people around me. Some have made decisions in their lives that have lead them to dark places and some are just struggling. I have sent innumerable prayers up in behalf of friends, some to whom I have been talking and others that don’t have a slight clue that I know they are hurting and that I even still care. How I wish I could wrap my arms around each of them and let them know that they don’t have to be alone. If I have these feelings about others, why wouldn’t other people feel the same about me in all of my glorious imperfections?


“To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world!”

You may never know who is watching and loving you from a distance. Wishing that there was some way or something that they could do to ease the burden or just let you know how much they care. There are more people than you think at any given time pulling for you, willing to be at your side if you but ask.

2 Comments:

  • My trust is not something easily won- in fact there are very few people in my life who I can honestly say I trust completely. I have found, however, that those I have let in are those I can't let go. Sure, they've hurt me at times, but they have yet to betray me. I think it is easier for those who only know me on the surface to betray my trust (what little they may have) because they have not become a part of me. Those who know my flaws seem to love me best, and longest... They're more willing to excuse my mistakes and cheer on my successes.

    Letting them in is not easy, even now... But it's certainly worthwhile.

    By Blogger Kate, At 9:54 PM  

  • Just Rannin' -- your blog is such a delightful place to visit, that I find I am charmed and refreshed and touched each time I visit.

    Thanks so much for all your kind comments on my blog, I really appreciate them a lot, as they are always thoughtful and well stated.

    From all your writing I'd say that anyone who has the privilege of knowing you should count themselves a very lucky person indeed. You seem wise beyond your years (I assume you are not a golden-ager (GRIN), thoughtful, loving, sincere and unusually sensitive.

    And I find that it is usually the people who have the least to worry about when it comes to letting people know who they really are who worry the most. And the people who aren't so nice, who really should worry what people think of them, don't give a fig.

    It's wise to pick your friends and confidants carefully, because there are people out there with not so great motivations, but mostly you will find that people will open up to you even more if you make yourself just a bit vulnerable to them, as you have through your writings here. Because deep down, we are ALL worried what others thing of us and how they will react, and no matter how secure or successful people seem, there is insecurity in most of us. The ones who aren't insecure are usually the ones with serious emotional problems, the Scott Petersons of this world, the egotists who think of no one but themselves, and whose problem is not LOW self-esteem -- but rather too MUCH self-esteem.

    Don't change the way you are. Someone is going to be a very lucky person to catch you as a wife and mother for their child. I'll include you in my prayers that you find that special person. He might be someone you least suspect, so keep your eyes open, and your heart. I'm sure it will happen, as you have planted the most beautiful seed in your heart -- the seed of love.

    All the best -- Aussiegirl

    By Blogger Aussiegirl, At 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones