Just Rannin' Around

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

At times in ones life it is all about being random and spontaneous. Frankly, I don't do it as often as I should.

New Year's Eve has never been a holiday to scream about for me. I have always had plenty of places to be and people to see, but I have never had that one sparkly kiss at midnight. Okay, okay to be completely honest I have never, that's right never been kissed at midnight on New Year's. I know that being kissed at midnight isn't everything, however I do find myself being a bit extra jealous in these moments about those people who do have that special someone at their side. Holidays have a way to make the single person feel somewhat more lonely.

In reality do I really have anything to complain about....no. I have had a very productive, wonderful, exciting, adventureous life. However that doesn't mean that I have to put myself through anther New Year's Eve being in a place that reminds me of my singleness. So, go somewhere fun and new. Where no one knows me and I don't know any of them. My poor mom hates that I am so comfortable just being in a strange place with people I don't know, but that is some of what makes life exciting. I love to see and talk to people and wonder about what their lives are like and how they interact with their environment. I could and do sit for hours watching people.

Anyway, the story goes that I hopped online and checked into places that I haven't been and booked a flight. Off to Portland, OR I go on Thursday night after work. I have a great friend that has decided to join me on this new journey and it will be a grand time. After all, there are new people, new streets, new restaurants, new sounds and smells. I love an adventure and learning. Who knows what is waiting, but I am ready, bring it on.

3 Comments:

  • Portland, OR is a no good, very bad, horrible place.

    But hey, have a good time... If possible.

    By Blogger Pavlov Stowardi, At 7:21 AM  

  • I wish I had room in my suitcase for everyone, but alas I am only taking one carryon. That is the first negative that I have heard about Portland except that I needed to be extra careful.....however I always hear that anytime I go anywhere. I was going to head to Seattle, but it was a little more spendy than Portland.

    By Blogger B, At 9:55 AM  

  • Actually that has been one of my favorite buildings since I was little although I have never been there. I hope that I have the opportunity to visit it. My two favorite are Portland and San Diego. Funny since I have only seen pictures.

    By Blogger B, At 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones