Just Rannin' Around

Monday, December 27, 2004

I made it home alive.....barely.

I entered the airport about an hour and a half before my flight was scheduled to leave which I figured was plenty of time since I was leaving at 7:45 in the morning. However I soon discovered that the line for check in was an amazing three hour wait. Good thing for E-tickets and self check in. I was through the check in process in 15 minutes and headed up to security. It took me another 30 minutes to make it through security and made it safely to my gate in plenty of time to sit and read for a few moments.

The plane ride (all 55 minutes of it) was very uneventful, well at least until the last 10 minutes of the flight. The gentleman sitting next to me was out for the count the entire flight which saved me some embarassing moments. The plane hit some turbulance that I have never felt in my life. I felt the plane drop and come back up in a slit second over and over again. The first time it happened I was very unprepared and almost landed in the man's lap next to me (thank goodness for seatbelts). I could feel myself coming up out of my seat as the plane took each dive and my stomach was following the bounces. Had I anything in my stomach, it wouldn't have stayed there. Luckily it only lasted about 5 minutes and the rollercoaster was over. I am almost positive that if I had a mirror my face would have been green.

We landed on the top of the mountain and I felt like a little kid again. Do you remember when you were little and your dad found it so funny to take the car as close to the edge as possible to freak out everyone in the car? If you haven't had this experience, thank your lucky stars, but if you have you know exactly what I am talking about. As the plane was slowing from landing, the edge of the cliff was approaching faster than I would have liked. We circled just at the very edge and I started breathing again. This really shocked me because I love a grand adventure, but I didn't like this one so much. Oh well I got over it quickly. I loved that it only took 55 minutes to get there and when I walked outside, blessed be the weather because it was warm!!

Christmas was great!! I didn't open any of my gifts because I had two nieces and a nephew that needed to help me. They are the cutest little people ever so I didn't mind at all. I spent the entire time just playing with my family and it couldn't have been any better. I love down time with the family (I took a well needed three hour nap on Christmas Eve). The plane trip home wasn't bad at all, thankfully.

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and had the time to reflect about the true meaning of the holiday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones