Just Rannin' Around

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

After spending some time talking to a friend, she encouraged me to write two lists. One that I haven't done since I was about 15, that being a list of qualities that I am looking for in a boyfriend/spouse and another list I always have with me in my mind, that being an account of my weaknesses that are causing me not to move forward.

The first list actually took me longer than I expected and was quite different than the ones that I had written in my teenage years. There wasn't any mention of height, hair/eye color, age, or income. Instead it moved to how I want to be treated, how he makes me feel, where God is in his life and the progression we can make together.

It amazed me as I have poured over this list that every quality on it are things that can be worked on and gained. They involve choices on the part of the individual. For example, it is really important for me to be with a gentleman. I want my doors opened. I like him to find out what I am going to order at a resturant and order for me. I like to be complimented. I want to be lead into rooms with his hand on the small of my back. Call me old fashioned, but I like feeling like a lady. In return, I will say "thank you" without downgrading the compliment. I will light up when I see him across the room looking at me. I will leave him notes and treats to let him know I appreciate his kindness. He will know that he is the most important thing in my life when I feel that I am his.

The second list has been, as I have not yet completed this assignment, a bit harder. For the most part, I know my weaknesses. I have written down a list and have asked family and long time friends to give me honest feedback on how they view me and what they feel are my shortcomings. It has been an interesting week. I have discovered that there is a very tight line that I need to learn to walk. I am stubborn, but I think that I will be able to take these suggestions and fine tune a weakness or two so they won't be so ugly. I am grateful that people love me despite things they have to overlook about me that they don't necessarily enjoy.

Life is a learning ground. When it comes right down to it there are only two people I have to please, myself and my Heavenly Father.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones