Just Rannin' Around

Friday, November 26, 2004

I'm a nerd and my roommate now has pictures to prove it!

It has been eight years now that I have been unable to go home for Thanksgiving. I have always been blessed with sweet friends who invite me to their family's celebration, which I have accepted and attended one of the offers each year. This year however, my baby sister was also unable to go home and called to see if she could come to my house.

Yesterday morning I woke up, threw my bathrobe on, pulled my hair out of my face and headed downstairs to begin the cooking. Ah, the morning look! I had been downstairs for a while because I had the stuffing up to my elbows from sticking it in the bird and the turkey was seasoned and in the bag ready for the oven. The rolls were rising in their pan on the stove and the potatoes, brussel sprouts, corn and yams (with marshmellows, of course) were cut and in their pans ready for heat in a couple of hours.

At this point I was singing and dancing in the kitchen while I was finishing the prep work. I was mixing the inside for the pie when the flash went off. She was on the floor laughing. I am sure I looked stunning, or actually the better word would be ridiculous! Oh well, what fun would life be unless someone has a few pictures of you doing things that you hope nobody ever has to witness.

She went off to her family's home to spend the rest of the day and I went upstairs and actually made myself presentable. Then I added to my nerdness (if possible). It is all about relaxing somedays and this was just going to be a down day for me. I put in a movie and sat down on the couch and started making scarves for each of my nieces for Christmas.

My sister came over and so I finished dinner and we ate. I can hold my own in the kitchen and dinner turned out really well. After eating we settled back down and ended up watching two more movies before having desert. Needless to say, I finished all five scarves in between phone calls and eating. Overall, it was a fabulous day even though I am a nerd!!

I hope everyone had a marvelous Thanksgiving!!

1 Comments:

  • What is it "they" say?... Blondes have more fun? I don't believe that. Being a nerd is the only way to truly enjoy oneself! ;)

    By Blogger Kate, At 2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones