Just Rannin' Around

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Whew! I am grateful that I can put off moving to Australia for at least another 4 years. It was a very valid option had the presidential election turned out differently. So I probably wouldn't have actually moved to Australia, but don't believe that it wasn't something that I thought. I am extremely happy about the outcome and even more excited about voter turnout. Way to go all who made it to let your voice be heard yesterday. It is an empowering feeling to know that we have the opportunity to make a difference. I get to vote at an Elementary School and all the little things just make me smile. With all said and done, I am also extremely happy that this election is over and we don't have to hear about it for another 4 years. Don't get me wrong, I love politics, but there comes a point of overload. Put a fork in it, it's done!

Anyway......

I was out and about late last night, you know, just rannin' around and realized just how cold it is getting. I mean, I stood out at a footgame for four hours a few weeks ago and it was blasted cold with the rain coming down non-stop, but this is winter cold. The smell of winter has even returned. It is that crisp, clean smell and it makes your nose turn red. The snow is slowly coming closer to the valley floor. I have such mixed feelings about winter. I love snowball fights and sledding and hot chocolate and big fluffy snowflakes and making snow angels and snowmen. However, I hate my toes and fingers cold and driving on the slippery, dangerous roads with dangerous, stupid drivers and less daylight. I just need to remember......with anything good also comes some bad, what I focus on is what I will find.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones