Just Rannin' Around

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

I think that there is a reason that I typically don't remember my dreams!

I made the four hour drive south to my parents home this last weekend. It was just time to get away from reality and to go somewhere that there is unconditional love. Of course it is helpful that my parents are empty nesters and love it when I come to visit.

Friday night after arriving, I sat and talked to them for a couple of hours and then the day caught up with me and it was time to sleep. I excused myself to one of the guest bedrooms and after finishing my nightly routine, fell fast asleep. I am a very heavy sleeper. Bascially a firetruck could run through my room with lights flashing and sirens on and I wouldn't flinch. I acutally slept through a 6.4 earthquake once. This is probably one reason that I don't remember dreams.

The dream begins.......

The next thing that I remember is that it is mid-morning and so I climb out of my bed and go sit in the living room in my pj's and start talking to my parents. I had been talking to them for a while when they ask me if I am going to go wake up my friend. It becomes very clear to me that someone else in the other guest bedroom. I just smile and get up. I walk to the door and lightly tap on it while turning the doorknob to let myself in. I find him still under the covers, but am greeted with a sleepy smile. I walk over, roll onto the bed and into waiting arms and an ever gentle, warm kiss. I feel safe and loved.

This would be the part where I wake up. I actually have to talk myself into reality and that if I rush into the other bedroom that he won't be there. Dreams shouldn't be that vivid. They shouldn't feel that real. They shouldn't give hope that isn't there.

I did then really walk out to the living room in my pj's to floating smells of a breakfast that I had missed because I far overslept, but was welcomed by my parents. I did sit and talk to them until my sisters called and wanted to go to a very late lunch. Laughed with my sisters, played with my nieces and watched the U game with my dad. It was a grand Saturday that I don't take the time to do often enough.

The dream......well that is just a matter of introducing my subconscious to reality.

3 Comments:

  • Yeah, dreams are weird...

    I had one in which I was having sex with an old make out girl from high school. She's married and has two kids now, why I had the dream last week I'll never know.

    And then there was last night, wherein I was talking with someone and she all of a sudden her button-up white shirt was all wet and she wanted me to take it off. Sometimes I really hate waking up. She has a nice body.

    By Blogger Pavlov Stowardi, At 1:25 PM  

  • Sometimes I prefer my dreams to reality.

    By Blogger Kate, At 11:06 AM  

  • Side note - If I dream I don't remember them - EVER. Who knows why but that's been the case. And being a fireman I think I would notice a firetruck in my bedroom and I am a very heavy sleeper. I did sleep through a hurricane as it blew in while I was living near South Padre Island, Tx.

    By Blogger Unknown, At 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones