Just Rannin' Around

Friday, October 22, 2004

I was recently reading on a friends site and she has a list of 13 things that every woman should do before she turns 30. Well, I went through the list and this is what I discovered.

1. Travel around Europe with a girlfriend.
I have been all around Italy and Australia with two different groups of girlfriends. Have yet to be all over Europe, but it is in the plans because I love to travel. It is an adicition that I have about learning about new places and adding to the experiences in my life.

2. Live in New York.
This is one that I won't accomplish by the time I am 30, however I have also visited here. Saw Les Mes on Broadway and walked around Time Square and Central Park.

3. Learn another language.
Spent two years in high school German and then received my Associates of Arts from Dixie College because I spent an additional year learning German. I understand it more than I speak it. I would actually love to live in Germany for a short period of time to see the sights and learn the language more efficiently.

4. Work at a profession you have no intention of making a career out of.
This is an easy one. I have actually done it twice. I was in the banking industry while I finished college. I worked my way up in the business ladder there and then came over to my current employement. Although I am successful here, this is in no way the career that I want to end up in.

5. Raise a puppy.
Done this. I come from a family that loves dogs. I actually own a dog that I choose after it was born and raised it. It is at my parents home and I have bascially given it to them because it is an inside dog and I don't want a dog inside my house.

6. Do a cross crountry road trip.
I have done this north-south, but not east-west. I have driven from Salt Lake to College Station, TX. It was a forever drive, but it was with my wonderfully crazy family and we had a blast!

7. Perfect 3 songs to play on the piano.
Unless you count "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star"....okay it doesn't count. Playing the piano is actually on my list of things to do in my lifetime. One day I will know how to play the piano. I just need a house that I can fit a piano in and I will start lessons again.

8. Move somewhere where you know no one.
Haven't ever done this one except with my family from Salt Lake to St. George the summer before my 4th grade year. I have actually been considering do this however. Washington D.C., Chicago and Seattle have been my top three choices. I have considered Germany, but don't know if I am that brave.

9. Make a Christmas dinner that would impress your mother.
No problem here. I love to cook and my mom loves it when I cook. My brothers actually like my pot roast more than my mom's (it is okay she knows). I would love to have the time to cook a meal every night. Get a little creative and everyone is happy.

10. Open a savings account.
Already done.

11. Execute a huge act of forgiveness.
I can't stay mad at anyone. I can't fight for longer than 2.3 seconds. It just isn't worth the effort it takes to be angry and nothing good comes out of being bitter. I actually should turn this around and ask others if they are willing to execute huge acts of forgiveness on my behalf. I do some really dumb things that hurt people. Although I don't mean to I have a tendency to offend because I am so bold and blunt.

12. Fall madly, head over heels in love.
Done it. Best feeling I have ever had in my entire life and would never change that it happened and hope that I have the opportunity again.

13. Get your heart broken beyond repair and learn that you can survive it.
Has happened. Lessons that are learned are invaluable. Hurts like crazy, but it means that I allowed myself to be open enough to feel and that just doesn't happen very often.


It is all about learning as much as I can during my life. I love to travel and to read and to go to plays and to talk to people and to have pillow fights and to wrestle and to be with my family and to watch football and to mountain bike and to sing and to play in the rain and to kiss someone I love and to curl up in a blanket with hot chocolate on a porch swing during a storm and to cook and to jump on my bed and to play glow-in-the-dark dodge ball and to hug and to listen and to jump in puddles and to be with my nieces and nephews and to talk to my dad and to speak to a audience and to be with my friends and to cheer for success and to laugh and to smile and to love. This is just a small portion of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones