Just Rannin' Around

Friday, October 08, 2004

Talk about having me wrapped around your little finger!! I have 5 nieces and 2 nephews that each hold a key to my heart. I melt whenever they are around.

I went over to visit my little brother last night at his home in Lehi. My 1-1/2 year old nephew was there to greet me with smiles when I got there. It is all about kicking the soccor ball (he is incredibly talented) and playing catch with anything that might resemble a ball. Then we played tackle with a lot of laughing due to the fact that after the tackle, of course you have to tickle them, it just can't be helped. I think I provide entertainment for my brother and sister-in-law as I am down on my hands and knees chasing him through the house while having political discussions with my sister-in-law and taking sports with my brother. Then as I leave and there are slobbery kisses and hugs and always a overabundance of waving good bye on the front doorstep. Ah, the good things in life. Uncomplicated.

A few weeks ago I was in attendance at the University of Utah vs. Air Force football game when my phone rang. My 4-year-old niece's voice was there to greet me (this niece lives in St. George). "Are you at the football game?", she asked. I responded that I was. "I can't see you on the tv, where are you? Will you wave to me so I can see you?", she inquired. Oh my heart, how sweet is that?!?! We talked for another few minutes before she decided it was too loud on my end of the phone so she told me she loved me and handed it to my older sister so she could continue to look for me on the television. That's my girl. Way to be watching football on a Saturday afternoon!

It is good to be the favorite aunt!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones