Just Rannin' Around

Friday, October 01, 2004

Ignorance

There are times that I really have to wonder what people are thinking. I have this habit of listening to talk radio while I am at work. Well the other day I almost went through the roof when I was taking care of some paperwork and the hosts said something to the effect of the following: "Why are politicians so concerned with posting on the internet when the age group that they are trying to reach are young (18-35), single adults that are too self adsorbed and don't care about what is going on around them and won't vote anyway."

What? I will agree that our age group doesn't have the best turn out at the polls, but come on that doesn't mean that we are so into ourselves that we don't know what is going on around us in the world. As a matter of fact, most people that I know, who just happen to be in that age group, are very involved. Just because we don't have silver, blue or no hair and look forward all year to election day because it means we get out of the care center for a field day activity (don't get me wrong, I love the grandparents of this world), has nothing to do with not knowing the issues and the candidates.

I vote and I encourage everyone I know to vote. That is the way that our voice is heard and I honestly feel that if you don't vote, you have no right to complain about what happens. Voting is a power that enables us to become a voice in our community, state and in the nation. Knowing the issues and candidates are part of voting with a purpose. Make your voice be heard (do I sound like a commerical yet). There is too much occurring in the world today that we as a nation are involved. Who is making the ulitmate decision on how things are taken care of should be a concern to everyone of us.

There is my soap box for the day. Just sayin'.....

2 Comments:

  • What the hell is a politician?

    By Blogger Pavlov Stowardi, At 3:19 PM  

  • Well to be exact: a person experienced in the art or science of government. Registration card come?

    By Blogger B, At 4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones