Just Rannin' Around

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Last week I was driving home from my institute class up at the University of Utah and pulled to a stop at a red light (most of us stop at red lights). As I was sitting waiting for the light to change so I could turn onto Redwood Road and finish my journey, I glanced over and noticed an older gentleman and two small girls walking down the street. My light turned green and I turned, but immediately flipped a u-turn and went to find this small family.

I finally found them when they were almost to the Post Office. I pulled up along the side of them and asked them if they needed a ride somewhere. It was late and I was soon to find out the girls were 2 and 4-years-old. The gentleman looked at me and I guess figured that I wasn't scary (that will be a lesson not to make decisions based on looks) and accepted the ride. He dropped some mail off and then put the little girls in the car and followed them in.

He directed me which turns to take while I had conversation with the two little girls. Their walk had taken them a good distance from their home. When we reached their house, I said good-bye as they piled out of my car and continued on my way. There is nothing really spectacular about this story. There is just something about helping people when you have the ability to do so that gives you that warm, fuzzy feeling.

(don't tell my dad that I picked people up off the street)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones