Just Rannin' Around

Thursday, November 04, 2004

There are things that I just feel completely inadequate about doing.

I know nothing about cars other than the fact that they are supposed to start when I put the key in and turn it. Pretty pathetic I realize. Although I do know how to change a tire, I have never actually had to do for myself. There has always been some nice gentleman that has taken the time to pull over and has been kind enough to change it for me. So I am a total girly-girl when it comes to this kind of thing. I like to be taken care of when it comes to things like this. One of my ex's used to switch me cars for the day so that he could take my car in for me when it needed to go in, ah those were the days!

I had to take my car in today. Well to be honest, it should have gone in a few months ago, but because it is one of my least favorite things to do, I always put it off as long as possible (bascially until the "service engine soon" light comes on). These people could really pull a number on me if they so desired and I know it. I try to act like I have a clue about what they are telling me needs to be done and what is wrong, but honestly, they might as well be speaking Chinese.

They have my car all day today. I dropped it off at 7:00 this morning and had to be shuttled in by the dealership to work. The older gentleman that usually runs the shuttle evidentally had the day off because today it was a very young guy that looked so nervous that it made me nervous. Thankfully, I made it here in one piece although with the sweat that was running down the poor kids face, you would have thought we had just had a near death experience. I hope that he had a better ride back.

I hate not having my car. It is an insecurity about not being independant. Oh to be at the mercy of others and their schedules. How did we ever survive before we turn 16?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones