Just Rannin' Around

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Books.

I was having a discussion with a friend last night about what we were each currently reading. As normal for me, I am in the middle of 4 books and listening to a book on CD in my car. He was curious as to the selection of books that I had choosen because they were all such different styles. As I drove home late that night (or honestly early this morning), I was interested to take a better look at the books that lined the shelves.

Authors:

C.S. Lewis, Bruce R. McConkie, L.M. Montgomery, Louisa May Alcott, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, Dan Brown, Irving Stone, Boyd K. Paker, Patricia T. Holland, Cheri L. Dew, John Grisham, Herb Cohen, Kate White, Bruce C. Hafen, Neal A. Maxwell, James E. Talmage, John Gray.......and this was only on a few shelves of one of my book cases.

Genre:

Biography, Childrens (I have a whole stuffed shelf dedicated just to these), Self Help, Spiritual, Text, Travel, Mystery, Fiction, Business, Money, Classic, Reference, Historical, Cooking......

Even at 2:00 am I could immediately determine which authors and genre I prefered to read. It was also evident that I needed to set aside a huge chunk of time. I have a small rule that states that a book does not belong on the shelf until it has been read. There are 12 books right now on my floor (4 of them I am in the middle already) that do not fit this rule. Looks like a read-a-thon for me, anyone care to join?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones