Just Rannin' Around

Friday, November 05, 2004

The old people of this world are fabulous!!

After picking up my car last night after work from the dealership (I think they accomplished everything they were supposed to), I headed downtown for my usual Thursday evening activity. I parked and walked into the building where I was going to spend the next hour doing some work. I was greeted by the kindest old man who checked some documentation, told me to enjoy my time and sent me on my way.

As I was ushered into the first small curtained room I was welcomed a beautiful elderly lady with sparkling green eyes. She was so sweet. I told her that I loved her eyes and she laughed and said that she was about to tell me the same thing. I moved from room to room until I was back at the beginning. I was meet by a different little old lady this time as they had changed while I was going through the other rooms. She reminded me so much of my grandma that I couldn't stop myself from smiling as memories flooded my heart. All of my grandparent have passed away and a little reminder of them every now and then makes my heart sing and fills my cup to overflowing. As I finished the last of the five go-arounds, this sweet lady who had no idea how much she had touched my life, gave me the biggest hug and told me that I was just the cutest thing she had seen in a long time and I would be blessed for the work I had just done. I had to bit my bottom lip so that I didn't start crying.

There is nothing better than grandparents. If you still have some that are living.....take the time to visit them and let them know how much you love them. You never know how long they will be here. Treasure every moment, listen to every story and learn every lesson. I promise that you will miss them when they are gone from this life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones