Just Rannin' Around

Monday, December 06, 2004

Christmas.

I spent some of the weekend cleaning (the vacuum worked great and there was no death by hairball) and decorating for the upcoming holidays. Friday night a group of friends came over and we went out to pick out a tree. Sorry to the local treehuggers out there, but I always insist on a real tree. We then brought the tree home and decorated it as it filled my home with the fresh smell of pine. Then I put up one of my nativity sets and all the finishing touches around the living room, including the stockings.

The only thing that didn't make it up were the outside lights which are still sitting on my floor. It was just too blasted cold here to be outside on the ladder fumbling with lights. I know, suck it up and get it done.

Anyway, one of my favorite things to do is sit on my couch with nothing but the Christmas tree lights on. So after everyone left late that night, I jumped up the stairs to my room, threw on my flannel pjs, grabbed a blanket and pillow, and made myself comfortable on the couch. It is good down time for me to ponder the happenings of my life over the past year (not to mention that it just makes me happy).

I woke up the next morning to a flash of a camera. My roommate told me that she came downstairs and couldn't help it because I looked like a little kid who fell asleep waiting for Santa to come. She said she almost put a present under the tree so that I wouldn't be disappointed. I told her that I was still waiting for the one gift under the tree that I had yet to receive. After all, you have to grow old, but you don't have to grow up!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones