Just Rannin' Around

Monday, December 13, 2004

Act 1: Friday

Scene 1: All day at work. It wasn't too busy due to the fact that most of my clients have decided that it is December and they take more time off than they work. Grief, that is why January is around.

Scene 2: Movie with friends. We went to see Finding Neverland. This is one of my new favorite movies. I was sucked into the story line from the beginning and then proceeded to take me through every emotion possible. It was an enchanting movie.

Scene 3: Meet up with some additional people and went to get desert and then back to my house to play. After waving goodbye, I was upstairs and NyQuil became my best friend. The stuff knocks me out, but with this cold I have been fighting it allows me to breath.

Act 2: Saturday

Scene 1: The work Christmas party. This year was a bit different from all the rest. We had brunch at the Grand America Hotel in downtown Salt Lake City. It was nice because the season is so incredibly busy anyway that tring to fit one more thing in during the evening hours is almost impossible. I really enjoy the people with which I work. There is such a diversity among us, however that is what makes it interesting. Christmas bonuses are always the best.

Scene 2: Took my sick body home and took an hour and a half nap. I love naps!! Even as a child, I never fought when it came to taking them. Of course it probably helped that I have a mom that would lay down and take them with us. All in front of the tv with a blanket and full from lunch.....those were the days! Then I was up and running. I finished my scarf project....15 of them to be exact and almost finished my Christmas shopping. My day was already full, but not quite done.

Scene 3: Beauty and the Beast at Pioneer Theatre. I am a huge Broadway fan. I adore getting dressed up and going to see a play. I had yet to see this play and it was fabulous. I wouldn't put it in my top 5 favorites, but it was a toe-tapping, try really hard not to sing along with night of fun.

Scene 4: I know it was late, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. After the play I went over to a friends house to see him. I knew that I have needed to spend some time with him for a while now, but circumstances have just not been conducive to the timing. Sometimes I know that I am a horrible friend. I have spent many hours on the phone with him as of late, but sometimes the presence of a friend is what is really needed. So I made the small journey with all the time of the rest of the night to give my full attention to him. When I got there I was greeted with one gigantic hug and was wisked away from the company that was at his house so we could talk. After having a heart to heart about things occuring in his life and a few tears, a girl appeared in the doorway of the room to announce that she was going to leave. He introduced me to her and told her we were almost done and not to leave yet. She went back downstairs to wait. He then explained to me that this was a girl that he had dated about 2 years ago (which is why I recognized her), but that was still while he was not doing the things in his life that he should and she was an incredible girl that made him really think about decisions he was making in his life. He hadn't talked to her during those 2 years, but had run into her at a party and they had just started things again. I have been through a lot with him in the long time that we have been friends and this time, things just seem to be in place. If he can hold on and work through this current issue, he will be ready for her. I love him dearly and I am so excited to see him finally moving forward. For the selfish part, I realize this is the time that he stops calling me first when he needs someone. I have always had the phone call first, even before the girlfriend of the moment, but this time it is different. I have been through this so many times with so many friends, that I just know when the situation is the one that is going to work. Friendships change at this point because he will have a new eternal best friend. I have had years and years of memories, can't complain about that.


Blah, blah, blah.......wow sorry about that blog today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones