Just Rannin' Around

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Good morning to you too Sunshine!

There is nothing unusal for me to walk into the office at 8:00 in the morning and have a phone call waiting to greet me. This morning was no different, however they typically aren't so entertaining.

"JRA there is a phone call on hold for you"

"Fabulous! Give me a second to put my stuff down and transfer it into my office please."

I put down my purse and slip off my coat and pick up the phone.

"This is JRA."

"This is I Woke Up On the Wrong Side of the Bed. I am working on the Kelly file. I need you to do this and that and I need it right now, actually I needed it as of yesterday, but evidentally you go home at 5:00 at night."

"Not a problem, I will get that stuff right over to you. Give me 5 minutes and it should be on your fax machine," I replied as friendly as possible.

"We are on huge time constrants on this file and we are trying to get it closed either tomorrow or Friday."

"Thursday is looking fairly open right now if you would like to schedule a closing time, but Friday our office will be closed in observation of Christmas."

At this point I am thinking....if you are under such huge time constrants, why in the world is this the first time that you have even contacted me. Then I remember, oh yeah, it isn't an emergency until they make it one and then I am expected to jump. I normally just accept this as part of my job of pleasing clients and will do it gladly, however this is the point the conversation went from him being cold and demanding to a jerk with a trucker mouth (which is very professional might I add).

"Who in the f#@!*!$ !@*% made Friday a f#@!*!$ holiday!!"

"Well sir, the County, the Courts, the Recorder, Lenders, ect., ect... will all be closed and therefore so will title companies because we can't do anything without them being opened," I calmly reply.

"This is just f#@!*!% great! So if it has to close on Friday who is going to do it?"

"We will be closed on Friday. No body will be here to close it. I will be flying home for the holiday that morning. I'm sorry for the inconvience."

My comment was followed by a string of expletives from his mouth that had I not been at work in a professional setting, I would have hung up on him. No worries however because he soon became so angry that somewhere in there he said bye and hung up the phone.

Ode to the beginning of a fun day at work!

1 Comments:

  • I'm sorry I can't %^@!^&%#*^@ control my &*$@)!! mouth at that &*#&$**% time so early in the #&*^@*^ morning. Next time I'll just ?&^&#^#$&$ call later in the @#$%# day.

    Stupid &*#%%$$*@ Christmas. Heaven forbid we get a #^$&#*@* day or two of !*!(#&@&$^ rest to ponder and celebrate why the *^#& we're on this #&#**&&%@ planet.

    Enjoy your &*%#$@!! trip.

    By Blogger Pavlov Stowardi, At 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones