Just Rannin' Around

Thursday, December 16, 2004

I finished my Christmas shopping.

I think this is the earliest that I have ever accomplished getting my shopping done. I am one of those people that end up out and about on Christmas Eve trying to get those last few items. That is never a good thing because it means that I typically end up settling on something that I really don't think is a good enough gift.

I really enjoy giving gifts. It is something that makes me feel sparkly inside. I am not a shopper unless it is for someone else. I love to look and look until I find that perfect gift that will not only just be some sort of material item to put in their house, but something that I know will make them light up when they open it because they have wanted it or it has personal meaning to them. It is all about making mental notes while people are talking to me.

Christmas is a little different than birthdays however because there are so many gifts to give that I have a tendency to place people in groups and do the same thing everyone in that group. For instance, I made a scarf for each of my nieces and nephews. Along with that however they are each receiving a book. The books are all different depending on their personality. So it is basically the same gift with just a small difference to make it slightly personal. Then for my friends.....ha ha just kidding you don't get to know what you are getting until you open it.

Now all I have to do is wrap all of them. Maybe I could bribe my baby sister to do it for me.

1 Comments:

  • You know, you do have a friend who is a "professional" gift wrapper... She'd probably be happy to help you out with that, if you want... ;)

    By Blogger Kate, At 12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones