Just Rannin' Around

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Food poisoning!

About two years ago I had food poisoning. I thought I was going to die. Of course someone had to tell me what it was because I had never before experienced it. Well last night it took me a minute, but at 11:00 last night when that twisting, intense pain hit my stomach, I figured it out.

I spent the night in my bathroom. A few times I was brave and decided to venture back to my bed, but that never lasted long. So the blanket just came in with me. I was sitting on the toliet and had my head over the bathtub. In between I would lay my head on the tub and just cry. There is nothing worse than being sick and not having someone there to hold your hair back out of the way and rub your back and then play with your hair while you await the next series to begin. Every independant bone in my body leaves when I am sick. I just want to be taken care of, is that so wrong?!?!

I finally started feeling a little better around 4:30 this morning, so I pulled myself out of my bathroom and and prayed that I would be able to make it to my bed. I drifted off about 5:00 after finding one semi-comfortable position in which to sleep. Stupid alarm went off at 6:30 reminding me that life didn't stop because I had a bad night. I am thinking that an hour and a half of sleep is not really working for me, however since I have 6 closings today there was no way that I could pulled the sick card.

I just ate lunch and it seems to be sitting fairly well, so I think the worse has past. Good thing since I have a flight to catch in 8 hours.

2 Comments:

  • So sorry you're having a hellish time of it right now! In a way, so am I. I don't mean to diminish or make light of your situation, but I think I'd rather be in your shoes than mine today. Can you guess why I might be saying this?

    By Blogger MDJ, At 1:04 PM  

  • I hope your illness has passed, and that you'll be able to enjoy your time out of town! Happy New Year!

    By Blogger Kate, At 7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones