Just Rannin' Around

Monday, January 17, 2005

Life starts over.

Thank you to all that have shared their concern with the tragedy that has been occurring within my family. It is comforting to know that I have such an incredible support system that reaches out when in need. My family has definitely felt the prayers in their behalf and we have seen a few small miracles that touch our hearts.

A few days ago a neighbor contacted my brother and informed him that when they realized that his house was not going to make it through the night, they rushed over and retrieved as many items as they could. They now have found that they have some clothes, some of the pictures that were hanging on the walls, my brother’s gun safe which contained thousands of dollars of guns (he is a huge hunter), and some additional random items. It wasn’t much, but it is more than they thought they had and they were extremely grateful and a bit overwhelmed by everyone’s outreaching.

With all the family meetings, we have managed to gather almost a kitchen full of appliances. All of my siblings are married, with the exception of myself and my baby sister and they gathered all the wedding gifts which they received more than one of and hadn’t even been opened or put to use. It is amazing what a family of 22 can pull together within a short period of time.

The most precious of all is the reaction of two of my nieces. My sister had sat them down and explained what had happened to their 1-year-old cousin the morning that the events unfolded. Later that night my sister was watching the news with my two nieces playing at her feet. After the news about the events occurring in Southern Utah, my 3-year-old niece looked up at my sister and said, “Mom, I need to give Betty my shoes and my clothes because she doesn’t have any anymore.” With that my 5-year-old niece added, “Austyn, we need to give her our toys too because she doesn’t have anything to play with either.” They both promptly stood up, went to their room and started picking out everything that they needed to give to Betty. My sister said the most incredible thing about it was they were picking all of their new clothes and new Christmas toys to give her. I cried when the story was shared with me.

God my not stop tragedies from happening, however there are miracles that follow if you stop to realize that His hand is always in our lives.

5 Comments:

  • Sometimes it is easy to forget that children are so close to God, but they never fail to try and remind us.

    By Blogger Jimmy, At 8:25 PM  

  • I love that little kids are so unbeleivably precious when you least expect it!

    By Blogger Sarah, At 12:02 PM  

  • Do they need a crockpot or some pots and pans?

    By Blogger Heidi, At 9:44 AM  

  • How many people give crockpots and pots/pans sets for wedding gifts?!?!

    Thank you so much however I think we came up with 3 crockpots and 2 sets of pots/pans between my siblings.

    By Blogger B, At 4:08 PM  

  • Well, to answer your question, 6 people gave crock pots at our wedding! Sorry I couldn't be more help.

    By Blogger Heidi, At 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones