Just Rannin' Around

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Spoke to my mom, life isn't so beautiful down south.

There have currently been 17 homes taken down the river by the floods in Southern Utah as of this morning, with 7 other homes in serious danger of following suit. My mom called me today to inform me that my bother's home was one that went down the river early this morning. They hadn't taken anything with them yesterday when they left except the diaper bag and the clothes on their backs. They just lost everything. We as a family are extremely grateful for the safety of my brother, my sister-in-law and my 1 year old niece. Material items can be replaced, my family can't.

3 Comments:

  • Holy crap!! That super sucks! You're right, though--their safety is obviously infinitely more important. Glad to hear they're physically well.

    By Blogger MDJ, At 1:25 AM  

  • I am sorry to hear of the troubles in Dixie. Hope that your family remains safe and that they're able to recover their losses quickly. My prayers are with them.

    By Blogger Kate, At 7:15 AM  

  • Ditto what everybody else said. Hope everything will be ok with your family.

    By Blogger Heidi, At 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones