Just Rannin' Around

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Care Bears and Hello Kitty.

Yesterday I took the day off work to tend my 4-year-old niece. Her sister, my 2-year-old niece went up to Primary Children’s Hospital with my sister and bother-in-law to have surgery done on her eyes. I know, this is the third major family trauma already this year and it is only March. I do believe that fills my status quo for the year and no more are allowable. Now if I can only convince nature and everybody else to follow.

We got up in the morning and jumped on the bed and slid down the stairs. After getting ready to leave the house, we started with the errands. Lunch time rolled around and there is nothing like McDonalds to make your stomach turn, I mean make your day happier. She played in the play area for a while after eating her lunch making sure that I witnessed every move that she made.

“Aunt JRA, can you see me? Look what I can do!”

When she decided that she was finished hanging upside down and twirling until I thought I was going to lose my lunch, we were off. We went to the store to buy a treat for her and a cuddly stuffed animal for her sister. At home we popped in a movie for quiet time. After 2 minutes of quiet time, she was done with that so out came the puzzles which we diligently put together, a bit of coloring, reading, running around and lots of tickling and laughing occurred.

It is always nice to remember how one spends the day when under the age of five.

“You and I who still enjoy fairy tales have less reason to wish actual childhood back. We have kept its pleasures and added some grown-up ones as well.”
-CS Lewis Letters to an American Lady

Post Script: My niece is doing well and everything went perfectly.

2 Comments:

  • That sounds like a fun day. :) I love children; they're great! Your niece has a pretty cool aunt..that's all I have to say. ;)I am glad your 2 yr old niece is doing well.

    By Blogger Mi Mi, At 4:37 PM  

  • I am glad your niece is doing well. Yes, the magic of childhood.

    Call me ignorant, but I never knew that PS stood for Post Script. It's one of those acronyms that I never bothered to find out what it stood for. Learning something new every day...just like a kid.

    By Blogger David Cho, At 10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones