Just Rannin' Around

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Artwork.

There are two framed prints by Claude Monet hanging on my office wall. I face them all day long at work. I was sitting back in my chair pondering questions about life, staring at those pictures when I entered my own universe. My thoughts went to my home where there is another replication by Monet. Monet has always been one of my favorite artists, but why? Probably for the same reason that I am so enthralled by Thomas Kinkade…..their works take me out of this world and allow me to be in a peaceful place. A place that I would find myself going when life is difficult or quiet time was needed. Somewhere that people wouldn’t be to interrupt putting together the puzzle pieces of life that just don’t quite fit.

I was soon whisked away being reminded of time spent with some of the most incredible pieces of art in existence. I found myself again walking under the Sistine Chapel, through the Accademia Museum which holds Michealangelo’s David, into an air tight room to view The Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci, and into weeks of taking in the finest creations the art world has ever seen. Buildings, statues, paintings, all awe inspiring, leaving one to one’s own thoughts.

As quickly as I became lost in thought…..the phone reminded me I was at work and reality rolled over the top of my universe.

5 Comments:

  • I'll bet David was your favorite part... You pervert.

    By Blogger Pavlov Stowardi, At 5:20 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger David Cho, At 12:16 AM  

  • JRA, wouldn't that be funny if you deleted what you said about Michealangelo’s David in your posting, leaving readers to wonder what the heck bronson was talking about when he called you a pervert? As you say, Just sayin'...

    By Blogger David Cho, At 12:18 AM  

  • David I will have to give that some serious thought because that would be incredibly funny.

    By Blogger B, At 9:41 AM  

  • Blast that reality rolling over the top of your thoughts! I hate when that happens. It's like when you are having a really great dream where everything is going your way and.... oh, wait there is my phone.

    By Blogger Sarah, At 1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones