Just Rannin' Around

Monday, April 11, 2005

Ode to be true!

Discovery of who I want to be when I grow up and hanging on to faith that one day I will be able to do just that.

Working toward becoming strong enough on my own two feet that I can help lift someone else’s weary hands from dragging.

Stepping forward when personal growth and progression is placed graciously before me even though it is painful.

Being me no matter who is around. Not changing who I am or how I interact with others to keep someone in my life, for it will always make me unhappy.

Remembering that everyone has a life story and they typically like to share. Continuing to take the time to talk to random individuals everywhere I go.

Smiling and saying hello takes very little effort, yet it is long lasting and is usually passed along causing continued effects.

Laughing at myself when grace is not my middle name, keeps me from taking life too seriously and let’s face it, makes life enjoyable.

Living to be trusted by those whom I love and have/do entrust me with portions of their lives and hearts.

Fret not, fret not, fret not! Not worrying about things that are out of my control.

Knowing exactly who I am and whose I am and acting accordingly.

Sharing myself, even though it frightens me worse than any other thing on the face of this planet.

“Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on: you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently he starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominable and does not seem to make sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of—throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were going to be made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace. He intends to come and live in it Himself.”
-CS Lewis Mere Christianity

2 Comments:

  • Thanks for the offer though! That is a great site...thanks for the link.

    By Blogger B, At 1:00 PM  

  • a while back when boredom kicked in at work one day, i began to sing "im sorry miss jackson, oooh" in a latin accent. i thought i was all alone so i sang as off key and as loud as possible. to my dismay, a co-worker approached me from behind laughing and asking me if i was ok. i must have sounded like flipper on acid or a cow in heat, but whatever it was i laughed as i sang and laughed even harder when she asked me if i felt ill or the like. *sigh*...its times like that when i know my insanity completes me.

    By Blogger will, At 4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones