Just Rannin' Around

Monday, November 14, 2005

On a scale of 1 to 10

 

I am an avid football fan.  I love football.  During football season, my television is always turned onto one game or another.   When watching by myself, I will admit that I will scream at the screen like it is going to make a difference in what the teams choose to do.  However I only watch college ball.  About three years ago I decided that it was time to turn the television off on Sundays since I had responsibilities that took me away from the house most of the day anyhow.   So I can't say that I am caught up on what is happening in the NFL these days. 

 

My team is of course my alma mater…..the University of Utah.  Saturday they had a bad night.   I don't even think that it is fair to say that the Lobos won.  No the U lost.  The line wasn't holding for Johnson and so he ended up on his rear end more than on his feet.   He finally ended up going out on crutches at the end of the fourth quarter.  Not that he was having a good game.   Let's see I do believe that he fumbled the ball twice and threw a few interceptions.  The last interception of the game that sealed their fate however was thrown by the backup quarterback.   I am still scratching my head over that one.  It was 2nd down and 5 yards to go.  Why didn't they hand the ball to the running back and let him get those 5 yards.   The clock would have been stopped because it would have created a first down and if they didn't make it they still had a time out that they could have used.   Oh the frustration!! 

 

Well just to let all know out there….I am not a fair weather fan.  I have seen this team through a lot of years of tough seasons.  I will be on my feet cheering and screaming next Saturday as Rival Week hits the air waves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones