Just Rannin' Around

Monday, November 21, 2005

Rival Week in College football world turned out beautiful!!

 

I was a bit taken back when I was informed that the Wall Street Journal ranked the Utah vs. BYU rival #4 in the nation!!   It shouldn't have been too much of a shock though since Utah's student section is ranked #5 in the nation for "Best Student Section".  Let's just say that this game was not to disappoint, unless of course you happen to be a BYU fan.  

 

The Utes came out strong and with all their guns blazing.  Our backup quarterback was truly inspiring and from the performance rendered may have won himself the starting position next year.   They had me a little nervous and a lot frustrated during the second half of the game as their lead slowly ended in a tied game at the end of the fourth quarter.   Utah had the ball first and expertly put the ball into the end zone with very little effort.  Being 7 points up, it was the Y's turn to see what they could do.   The defensive stepped up and denied any opportunity for them to match the touchdown. 

 

For those that were unable to watch this game, all I can say is I'm so sorry baby!!  My neighborhood probably wants to ban me from ever watching again since I was screaming loud enough to keep them all updated on what was happening in the game.   It was spectacular!!  Probably the best part is that my dad had called me at 8:00 in the morning to remind me that BYU was going to kick Utah 's butt and was I prepared to cry.  The phone calls during and especially after the game were extremely satisfying.  We were both laughing and I could hear my older sister in the background giving him as much crap about the game as I was.   Poor dad!!  Of course he did egg it on to begin. 

 

Um by the way that makes four years in a row for wins for Utah over BYU…..just sayin'!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones