Just Rannin' Around

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Walking down the middle road             

 

Nobody ever informed me that there was a third road.  I was always told that one could take either the road by which everyone traveled or the road less traveled (which is the one most desirable).   However in my life I have found that there is in existence a third road that parallels the other two roads. 

 

I realize that I have been journeying down this road for a large portion of my adult life.  The incredible thing about this road is that I am able to see the other two roads and what is occurring on them.   The forks in the road occasionally appear and although I have made considerable different choices at each one, every time I still find my feet treading down the middle road.  

 

The road is lined with fun and adventure, trials and learning, love and loss.  I have never found myself bored, but continually experimenting.   True happiness and deep sorrow have been planted in my heart while traveling at various speeds.  I have felt the instant pain when those dearest to my heart, who have been walking with me suddenly disappear onto one of the other roads.   Then I find extreme joy as others are discovered and new lasting relationships are gained.  Learning that someone who has gained my love and trust may not always be within sight or hearing, but that they are still within my memory's reach, creates instant comfort and usually produces a few tears of gratitude for them.

 

I am finding that I have a deep, resounding respect for this road.  It is where I have found the greatest progression and growth.  Although I did not foresee myself blazing this trail for this length of time, I know that with every step I am working closer to a road that will safely bring me to open arms and eternal joy.   Life is truly amazing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones