Just Rannin' Around

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I have discovered a few things about myself lately that I really need to change.

Annoying little things that are bugging me and which if I don’t fix might just drive me crazy.

I feel a need to fix things. I have a really hard time just giving someone a little sympathy when they tell me something. I hate to see anyone hurting and so an urge immediately takes over and advice starts spewing forth from my mouth. I always have to have an opinion. Only when I am being completely aware of myself do I restrain this natural tendency of mine and just simply give a little love. My family has gotten to the point where they tell me whether they just need me to listen or if they want some advice. Families are great!

I get really snappy when someone asks me something and I think that they should know the answer. I find myself doing this mostly at work and it has only started happening in the last year or so. This one I can’t figure if it due to getting tired of the same questions day after day or if it runs a bit deeper and really has to do with the fact that I am just tired of the job overall. I am going to have to do a little bit of introspect on this one, but I also need to shape up and be a nicer person. Nobody deserves to be snapped at because they simply asked a question especially if it is only because I am not entirely happy with my current work situation.

I’ve allowed my social life to fall by the way side. I talk on the phone a ton. Talking on the phone is not and has never been something which I enjoy. However I spend a lot of time talking to friends that no longer live close enough to play with or visit on a regular basis. I have friends all over these United States. The problem is not only are they not here, most of them are married (no worries-I am either talking to the woman or the wife is fully aware that I am talking to her husband and she will typically be on speaker phone completely involved in the conversation). I still do things every now and again, but I don’t feel the motivation anymore to make sure that I have something to do every single weekend. I really don’t mind sitting at home reading or cooking or watching a movie. It scares me a little because I love to be going and be involved, but I am becoming so content.

Well I won’t give away all my imperfections in one writing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones