Just Rannin' Around

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Seeing

I had a friend from my ward contact me the other day. She asked if I would be willing to write a letter to another friend of hers that I have never met. Emily explained that this friend’s 29th birthday was coming up and she was struggling with turning yet another year older and still being single. I know that it will sound odd, but I was grateful when Emily said that as much as she wanted to help, she was not in the position to understand completely what this friend was experiencing. I sat down and wrote a long, heartfelt letter. At this point I am not sure who needed it more, me or Emily’s friend....probably me.

Over the last month or so, I have been truly letting things go that needed to be released years ago. I have found myself walking taller and my steps lighter. I have come to recognize that I hold onto things even if they cause me great pain just for the sake of having something familiar attached to my heart. No longer will that be the case. I plan on being as valiant at cleaning it out as I have been lately and remember that it actually feels better when it is handled and set free. In doing so, I have come to a deeper understanding of the Lord’s hand in my life and the knowledge that He is the only one who truly knows my heart and how to heal it.

One of the greatest lessons in my life has always been patience. My refusal to be patient in all things keeps the lessons rolling in. Kicking against the pricks is not the wisest of decisions! I currently have an opportunity to be patient and allow circumstances to work through by itself. I see that my immediate response is to take control (as I am a control freak), but I have placed it into the hands where it needs to be and have stepped away with a promise that I will not interfere. Trust and faith. However it ends, I know it will be the way that it should because I am just now beginning to fully comprehend that my vision is extremely limited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones